Ghost Gear Craft Contest for Eco-restoration, a special contest event organized by SOFER Initiative to solve the problem relating to Abandon, Lost, otherwise Discarded Fishing Gear, ALDFG (Ghost Gear) in coastal regions of Nigeria and West Africa. This contest task the contestants to repurpose ghost gear(s) into finished handy crafts of bags, footmats, décor, etc.
Join the contest, repurpose ghost gear!
This contest is open to all SOFER Initiative trained crafters and the general public.
- Registration Expires: 19th – 30th of May, 2021
- Craft(s) Submission Expires: 2nd of June, 2021
- Verification of Works: 4th of June, 2021
- Celebration & Announcement of Awards: 5th June, 2021
- 50% to 100% of your craft item(s) must be produced with the use of Fishing Gears
- you can either sign up as an individual or a group crafter
- verification of registration details before commencement of work
- Finesse – your craft work must have a good finishing, durability and creativity
- Relevance & Usefulness (including market value) of produced item(s)
- Documentary of production which include cost, tools, measurements, and how the craft was produced
- Votes from the public
Benefits for Participants
- Cash prizes for the best three (3) selected craft works
- Opportunities for the first ten (10) selected craft works to be sold online
- Opportunities for international partnership and other business/economic benefits
- Exposure of selected craft works on SOFER Initiative website